Atrius Health is a physician-led healthcare leader. We are nationally recognized for transforming healthcare through clinical innovations, quality improvement and a commitment to value-based care. Atrius Health delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 690,000 patients at 30 medical practice locations in eastern and central Massachusetts. We recognize the importance of a team–based delivery model, where primary & specialty care providers collaborate with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities — all working together to deliver high-quality care to every patient we serve. Atrius Health is part of Optum, a health services company focused on building the leading value-based care system in the country.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time general Hematologist/Oncologist based at our Kenmore and Dedham practices who is committed to providing high quality, evidence based medicine to a diverse and growing patient population. Our Kenmore practice is located in the Fenway/Longwood Medical area of Boston. Our Dedham practice is @10 miles southwest of Boston.
- Comprehensive, community based, out-patient multispecialty practice that offers chemotherapy services (up to and including level 4) in our on-site infusion center.
- Comprehensive team of physicians, nurses, case managers, social workers, patient navigators and oncology pharmacist.
- Department includes a cancer genetic program and cancer/tumor registry program.
- On site medical and surgical specialties/procedures, laboratory, pharmacy and radiologic services including MRI and CT.
- Work collaboratively with primary care and specialty colleagues, including Palliative Care Department.
- Exceptionally strong referral base.
- For those interested, teaching and research opportunities exists (clinical/therapeutic trials) through our Academic Institute and both Harvard Medical School and Tufts University School of Medicine
- Multidiscipline tumor board meetings.
- Call approximately 1:6, inclusive of hospital rounding at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital.
- BC/BE Hematology/Oncology, or BC Oncology
- Strong interests in oncology preferred
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills
- Work well in a team environment
- The leveraging of technology to support physicians to minimize in-basket management work, automated Rx renewals, normal lab result notification, e-consults, virtual scribes and more
- Close collaboration between primary care and specialists
- Expertise in clinical informatics and predictive analytics embedded in a fully integrated EMR (Epic)
- Minimal (second) call with Telecom services for nights and weekends
- Teaching & research opportunities through our long-term relationships with Harvard Medical School and Tufts University School of Medicine
- Competitive salary & exceptional benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, malpractice coverage, 401(k) match, disability, CME reimbursement, generous PTO
- Educational support program in partnership with Tuition.io
Our goal is to create a work environment that is supportive and brings joy and meaning to the practice of medicine. Atrius Health fosters a robust commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as vibrant Employee Resource Group networks for Young Professionals and LGBTQIA+. If you share in our mission of providing high-quality, value-based care with a focus on the patient and the health of communities, consider us.
Questions can be directed to Physician_Recruitment@atriushealth.org. EOE/AA.
Atrius Health is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity. All patients, employees, applicants, and other constituents of Atrius Health will be treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, marital / domestic partner status, parental status, sexual orientation, and gender identity and / or expression, or other dimensions of diversity.