Atrius Health, a well-established, physician-led healthcare organization, is nationally recognized for transforming healthcare through clinical innovations and quality improvement, and a commitment to population health management. Atrius Health delivers an effective system of connected care in eastern and central Massachusetts for more than 665,000 patients in total, including over 200,000 children. We recognize the importance of a team–based delivery model, where all clinicians and staff work together to deliver high-quality care to every patient we serve. Atrius Health is part of Optum, a health services company focused on building the leading value-based care system in the country.
At Atrius Health, we encourage our pediatricians to assess and treat a child’s healthcare needs with an eye toward the broader family dynamic. We provide health education and support over time, so that the family comes to see us as their child’s healthcare advocate and partner.
Our busy pediatric practices have opportunities for weekend pediatric urgent care per diem moonlighters at our pediatric urgent care locations in Braintree, Burlington, Norwood, and Somerville. Our practices offer child and adult primary care, as well as care in surgical & medical specialties, and on-site laboratory, pharmacy, and radiology services. Our preferred pediatric hospital partner is Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Weekend program staffed with physicians & APCs, with 1:1 MA support
- Ambulatory based: same day care, no IV or suturing
- On site laboratory, pharmacy and radiology services
- Robust integrated EMR system (Epic)
- Average 3-4 patients/hour
- Convenient schedule: Saturdays & Sundays (shifts vary by site)
- Affiliates with Boston Children’s Hospital
- Weekend rate= $180/hour; Holidays= $185/hour
- BE/BC Pediatrics, Family Medicine, Med-Peds
- MA license
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must commit to two sessions/month & one holiday annually
- Malpractice coverage provided if work commitment for base number of shifts met
- The leveraging of technology to support physicians to minimize in-basket management work, automated Rx renewals, normal lab result notification, e-consults, and more
- Close collaboration between pediatricians and specialists
- Expertise in clinical informatics and predictive analytics embedded in a fully integrated EMR (Epic)
Our goal is to create a work environment that is supportive and brings joy and meaning to the practice of medicine. Atrius Health fosters a robust commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as vibrant Employee Resource Group networks for Young Professionals and LGBTQIA+. If you share in our mission of providing high-quality, value-based care with a focus on the patient and the health of communities, consider us. Send your confidential CV to: Linda Stevenson, Physician & Medical Staff Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions call our Physician Recruitment department at 617-559-8275. No Third-Party Vendors. EOE/AA
Atrius Health is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity. All patients, employees, applicants, and other constituents of Atrius Health will be treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, marital / domestic partner status, parental status, sexual orientation, and gender identity and / or expression, or other dimensions of diversity.