Atrius Health is a physician-led healthcare leader. We are nationally recognized for transforming healthcare through clinical innovations, quality improvement and a commitment to value-based care. Atrius Health delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 690,000 patients at 30 medical practice locations in eastern and central Massachusetts. We recognize the importance of a team–based delivery model, where primary & specialty care providers collaborate with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities — all working together to deliver high-quality care to every patient we serve. Atrius Health is part of Optum, a health services company focused on building the leading value-based care system in the country.
We have a leadership opportunity for a Chief of Internal and Family Medicine to lead our expanding Norwood office. The Chief will provide clinical leadership and oversight to a team of 16 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. This position is responsible for aligning clinical activities with the implementation of mission-specific strategies, and works collaboratively with colleagues, staff, management, and the community. This full-time only position is based in Norwood, Massachusetts, reports to the Chair of Internal/Family Medicine and is both a clinical and administrative role.
Our Norwood outpatient, multispecialty practice:
- fosters an extensive and well-developed network of integrated care among primary care providers, surgical and specialty care, radiology, and urgent care.
- develops and retains a stable team of PCPs
- achieves consistently high Press Ganey scores from our patients who appreciate our value-based model of care
- has cared for residents of Norwood, Walpole, Canton, Westwood, and other nearby cities and towns
- partners with our preferred hospitals: BID-Needham, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Boston Children’s Hospital and New England Baptist Hospital. Our OB/Gyn clinicians attend deliveries at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- is conveniently located on Route 1 South in Norwood, 7 minutes from I-95
Be a part of the Atrius Health leadership team for its:
- collaborative group of Norwood clinicians and staff focused on patient care in an innovative practice environment
- network of Atrius Health leaders who advise and consult with one another on practice management and best practices
- long-term career development opportunities
- outstanding teams embedded in our comprehensive medical home model including 1:1 MA support, RNs, LPNs, NPs and PAs
- social worker, clinical pharmacist & population health manager to address complex patients
- clinical informatics and predictive analytics embedded in a fully integrated EMR (Epic)
- teaching opportunities through our long-term relationships with Harvard Medical School and Tufts University School of Medicine
- minimal (second) call with Telecom services for nights and weekends
- on-point tech tools to minimize in-basket management work and support automated Rx renewals, normal lab result notification, e-consults, virtual scribes and more
- exceptional benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) match, disability, CME reimbursement, generous PTO
- competitive salary
- BC in Internal Medicine primary care (IM) or Family Medicine (FM)
- proven track record of physician management/progressive leadership experience (3-5 years is preferred)
- strong commitment to work well in a team environment
- passion for continuous quality improvement in a large, collaborative practice
- exceptional clinical and communication skills
- ability to engage, mentor and motivate staff
Massachusetts offers access to exceptional public schools, the arts and cultural activities of Boston, the Cape Cod national seashore, ski resorts, hiking and so much more. The area features a diverse culinary scene, access to cultural institutions, and proximity to world-class schools, employers and health care. The region is historic but ever evolving and is on the cutting edge of medicine and technology.
Our goal is to create a work environment that is supportive and brings joy and meaning to the practice of medicine. Atrius Health fosters a robust commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as vibrant Employee Resource Group networks for Young Professionals and LGBTQIA+. If you share in our mission of providing high-quality, value-based care with a focus on the patient and the health of communities, consider us. Send your confidential CV to: Brenda Reed, Sr. Physician Recruitment & Retention Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions call our Main Physician Recruitment line at 617-559-8275. No Third-Party Vendors. EOE/AA
Atrius Health is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity. All patients, employees, applicants, and other constituents of Atrius Health will be treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, marital / domestic partner status, parental status, sexual orientation, and gender identity and / or expression, or other dimensions of diversity.