Atrius Health is a physician-led healthcare leader. We are nationally recognized for transforming healthcare through clinical innovations, quality improvement and a commitment to value-based care. Atrius Health delivers an effective system of connected care for more than 690,000 patients at 30 medical practice locations in eastern and central Massachusetts. We recognize the importance of a team–based delivery model, where primary & specialty care providers collaborate with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities — all working together to deliver high-quality care to every patient we serve. Atrius Health is part of Optum, a health services company focused on building the leading value-based care system in the country.
We have a leadership opportunity for a Chief of Internal and Family Medicine to lead our Plymouth practice. The Chief will provide clinical leadership and oversight to a team of 25 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. This position is responsible for aligning clinical activities with the implementation of mission-specific strategies, and works collaboratively with colleagues, staff, management, and the community. This full-time only position is based in Plymouth, Massachusetts, reports to the Chair of Internal/Family Medicine and is both a clinical and administrative role.
The Plymouth area population is growing and so are we. We are constructing a new state of the art clinical building to be completed in Q4 2023. It will be located just off Route 3 and will offer Internal & Family Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, Cardiology, Dermatology, Orthopedics, Podiatry, Rheumatology and on-site laboratory, pharmacy, and radiology services. Our preferred hospital partner is Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital- Plymouth.
Our Plymouth outpatient, multispecialty practice:
- Practice is comprised of team of 23 adult primary care providers
- achieves consistently high Press Ganey scores from our patients who appreciate our value-based model of care
Be a part of the Atrius Health leadership team for its:
- collaborative group of Plymouth clinicians and staff focused on patient care in an innovative practice environment
- network of Atrius Health leaders who advise and consult with one another on practice management and best practices
- long-term career development opportunities
- outstanding teams embedded in our comprehensive medical home model including 1:1 MA support, RNs, LPNs, NPs and PAs
- social worker, clinical pharmacist & population health manager to address complex patients
- clinical informatics and predictive analytics embedded in a fully integrated EMR (Epic)
- teaching opportunities through our long-term relationships with Harvard Medical School and Tufts University School of Medicine
- minimal (second) call with Telecom services for nights and weekends
- on-point tech tools to minimize in-basket management work and support automated Rx renewals, normal lab result notification, e-consults, virtual scribes and more
- exceptional benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) match, disability, CME reimbursement, generous PTO
- competitive salary
- BC in Internal Medicine primary care (IM) or Family Medicine (FM)
- proven track record of physician management/progressive leadership experience (3-5 years is preferred)
- strong commitment to work well in a team environment
- passion for continuous quality improvement in a large, collaborative practice
- exceptional clinical and communication skills
- ability to engage, mentor and motivate staff
Massachusetts offers access to exceptional public schools, the arts and cultural activities of Boston, the Cape Cod national seashore, ski resorts, hiking and so much more. The area features a diverse culinary scene, access to cultural institutions, and proximity to world-class schools, employers and health care. The region is historic but ever evolving and is on the cutting edge of medicine and technology.
Our goal is to create a work environment that is supportive and brings joy and meaning to the practice of medicine. Atrius Health fosters a robust commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as vibrant Employee Resource Group networks for Young Professionals and LGBTQIA+. If you share in our mission of providing high-quality, value-based care with a focus on the patient and the health of communities, consider us.
Send your confidential CV to: Brenda Reed, Sr. Physician Recruitment & Retention Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions call our Main Physician Recruitment line at 617-559-8275. No Third-Party Vendors. EOE/AA
Atrius Health is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity. All patients, employees, applicants, and other constituents of Atrius Health will be treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, marital / domestic partner status, parental status, sexual orientation, and gender identity and / or expression, or other dimensions of diversity.
Please fill out this brief form below. Upon submission of your credentials, an Atrius Health Physician Recruiter will review your information and contact you if your experience matches our open search.
Atrius Health is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity. All patients, employees, applicants, and other constituents of Atrius Health will be treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, marital/domestic partner status, parental status, sexual orientation and gender identity and/or expression, or other dimensions of diversity.
To apply for this job please visit share.hsforms.com.